Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Big Picture.

Seeing as I'll be having to pay taxes for a large majority of my adult life, I am forced to look ahead at the impact taxation will have on me. If I were to advise the President and his people, then I would let them know how much I want our tax money to be put into secure programs. If I'm paying for social security and putting money into my retirement fund, then I want to be sure that I will get the same amount, if not more, when the time comes that I need to tap into it. I also feel like having better public services is a must for a nation to be successful. If that means more taxes, then so be it. As long as I am able to see a change. 

The debt is definitely not something to brush off. As it keep growing, the burden grows on the next generation to fix it. Although we can see cuts right now, the budget is still being debated over. They can all agree that it needs to be reduced, but through which means? As much as it will suck, I feel like we should pay slightly higher taxes in order to reduce the debt, as long as the budget isn't increased also. These cuts are becoming increasingly worrisome, and are affecting poorer areas which is upsetting. If my money can help our economy rebuild itself, then I feel like it will pay off in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment